Update: 17/12/2015 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110Hey Simmers!
This is SimGuruGnome on the Issue-Chop Express and I’m writin’ to whoever’s readin’.
It’s like I told the last public relations rep, I says “SimGuruDrake, I never write more than I can read. Besides that, it’s all in the spellchecker.”
But just listen to the Issue-Chop Express and take the Gnome’s advice. When some wild-eyed Sim wanders by, knocks on your front door and asks you “Sul sul, plerg majah bliff?” You just stare them back in the eye and remember what the Gnome always says.
“Plerg majah bliff? Neeshga, voo oonapa oonsosh…”
So, what have we done?
- We have addressed a few PC 64 bit specific issues that were quickly identified by the community.
- Videos will no longer be blank when played back on some video players.
- Sims will no longer flicker in dim light.
- Telling your Sim to use the toilet will no longer cancel other actions already in their action queue.
- It has been noted that our Sims have taken to WooHoo a bit more frequently than has been the norm. Perhaps it is the winter months, perhaps it is the coming of Spring… perhaps it…
- Yea… it’s too much. Autonomous woohoo is allowed, but we have reduced the frequency at which Sims choose to, increased the restrictions for “why they are allowed to”, and generally have requested that Sims seek hoo in less wooful ways.
- Description hashtags (#hashtag) in the Gallery are once again clickable.
- And as a result, trending hashtags are back in the Gallery.
- We have also fixed an issue with mp3 playback in custom music that was causing some mp3 files to not be recognized.
- Club outfits will now work better with Custom Content.
Thanks again for listenin’ to the Issue-Chop Express, and take this advice on a stormy night, when the game’s playin’, the music’s roarin’, and the data’s downloadin’ in sheets as thick as a bunch of streaming green numbers, letters, and symbols (because that’s what the pattern looks like). Remember what old SimGuruGnome does when the neighborhood shakes with life, and the abductions come from the sky, and the pillars of the Goth’s estate quake. Yeah, SimGuruGnome just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and says “Gimme your best ob-la-di pal. Ob-la-da… ob-la-da.”
Until next time,
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome [INSERT WITTY JOKE HERE]
Update: 04/12/2015 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
How is everyone? It’s the holiday season… have you been good?
…you know, nobody ever really defined for me the limits of good in the context of the holiday seasonal question of naughty or nice. I was mostly good… I hope.
Anyway, given that I have also failed to define “good” for you, we have plenty of gifts to pass around no matter what your naughty/nice standing may be with the polar ice powers.
So, on with the unwrapping… what’d you get?
- There is now a 64 Bit executable for 64 bit Windows users.
- Players with 64bit Windows do not need to do any extra action, you will automatically be using the 64bit executable.
- To learn more, please visit the FAQ – http://help.ea.com/article/when-to-use-the-sims-4-64-bit-or-32-bit-version
- For those players that use Mods and may not realize that an update has occurred, or that their Mods may conflict with the new update, we now automatically Disable Mods when we patch.
- To turn them back on, open up Game Options, select the Other tab, and check on the Enable Custom Content and Mods option.
- Please use caution when re-enabling your Mods, as Mods have been known to modify your game.
- To learn more about this update, visit this FAQ – http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates
- We have made significant changes to the behavior of groups.
- You will now have the option to add (or remove) Sims to groups.
- When a Sim is added to a group you will be able to pull groups of Sims around with ease.
- In addition when you travel with a group of Sims they will automatically be put into a group with each other.
- Create A Sim has had the underlying structure of how relationships are built and remembered overhauled.
- This has allowed us to close many issues that could result in the relationship data becoming lost or corrupted, which could break existing relationships (brothers could forget their sisters) and allow invalid relationships to exist.
- There is a new Hire [NPC] interaction available on several objects, such as Hire Bartender (on the bar), Hire Caterer (on the fridge), or Hire Masseuse (on the massage table).
- Sims will have more relevant greetings. You now may see parents and children hug each other when they greet, or Sims might shake hands if they are acquaintances.
- We have spent some time fixing up the Fire and Death reaction systems. Sims will now behave in a more expected manner when either occurs near them.
- Looking forward to spending the holiday season with your Sims? Good news! We’ve updated the free* Holiday Celebration Pack with new snowflake decals, a lighted tree, piles of presents, a tree centerpiece, and new formal outfits that are perfect for wearing to holiday parties.
- *Requires internet connection, The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates to play.
- The Sims 4 – sold separately at participating sellers of things and stuffs.
- Sellers and cellars – homonyms
- Homonyms, hymns, and yeoman… not the same.
- Yeoman reminds me of yeti…
- We had a yeti in MySims™ Agents…
- Sold separately.
- We had a yeti in MySims™ Agents…
- Yeoman reminds me of yeti…
- Homonyms, hymns, and yeoman… not the same.
- Sellers and cellars – homonyms
- The Sims 4 – sold separately at participating sellers of things and stuffs.
- *Requires internet connection, The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates to play.
- There is a new venue type: Pool Venue
- There is a new option to color your pool water – default or purple! Because… purple!
- That’s such a weird word… puuur’pull, purple, purple, people, purple, purple people. Weird.
- We have made several interface updates:
- The World Maps have been updated!
- First and probably the most noticeable, they are now in glorious color.
- In addition we have also updated all of the interface elements of the map! (pst… the play button is in the bottom right… I know right, it took me FOREVER to remember).
- There is also a Return to Map button in Live Mode.
- The relationship inspector (when two Sims are talking, it is the UI that appears in the middle top of the screen) has been updated.
- You can also right click on the Sim portrait in the inspector to center the camera on that Sim.
- We have updated the Screenshots & Memories interface.
- We have also improved the quality of pictures your Sims take, so that they look better when in the screenshot viewer.
- The interface used when an NPC calls your Sim has had been updated.
- As well as… Sims may now call to offer condolences, or congratulate you on that new job or promotion.
- We have updated the Events display for non-goal oriented events. They will now have a bar with the event name and the remaining time countdown.
- This should help with those stealth Welcome Wagon events that would suddenly yell at you for not paying attention to them.
- The camera controls have a new button option to swap between Sims 3 and Sims 4 camera styles.
- The World Maps have been updated!
But wait… there’s more!
…we have a few issues we have been looking into as well.
But that’s not all?
- Sims who are sitting next to each other (such as at a 2×1 table or picnic table) can now converse with other Sims directly next to them without feeling the need to reposition themselves.
- We fixed an issue that could result in all saved games disappearing if an individual save slot was found to be corrupted. We now ignore the corrupted save, allowing the remaining save to be available.
- Players who use IME, will now find that that it works properly with Windows 10.
- We fixed an issue that could result in employees not showing up for work.
- Do you think they were watching ‘Kung Fu’?
- Doc Sweet’s Luke-Warm Tonic Dispenser (from Get to Work) and The Chillbox 2100 (from Spa Day) will now properly appear broken when they are broken, rather than being stealth broken. Because broken is broken, no matter how the visual broken’ness may appear.
- Convincing a Sim to leave their spouse while the spouse is present, will now cause the ‘leaved’ spouse to lose relationship with the ‘leaving’ spouse, should the action succeed.
- We fixed an issue that could result in event timers becoming out of synch with the actual time remaining.
- Super speed 3 will no longer trigger when there are still NPCs present during an active event.
- In addition, super speed 3 will no longer attempt to run when there are NPCs on the active lot.
- Bring Here is now an available option on household ghosts when traveling… Because Ghosts are Sims too!
- Should the TV turn off when the Sim is no longer watching or should it stay on? The polls are in, the votes counted, and … I lost. Sims will now turn off the TV when they are finished watching.
- It turns out that a dancing tense Sim was not performing some crazy move called the “hold the invisible box.” They were actually attempting to rub their temples from the stress… they just couldn’t reach them. We have helped them out and allowed them to reach their temples.
- So long “hold the invisible box” dance move… you were a good friend when I needed one.
- The BLT will no longer sit in a pile of unappetizing grey when on your plate.
- Grey food and unappetizing grey food… pretty much the same thing.
- We fixed an issue where Sims would occasionally react to fire once, then just watch it burn.
- I suppose this is just an issue in a game… but it feels like a societal commentary put forth by the engineer. Life isn’t about just sitting back and letting it happen. You have to get out there, dig your feet in, and put forth some effort.
- Of course… I may be reading too much into it.
- Sims should now appear surprised to see the Grim Reaper.
- Unless of course the Grim Reaper is there to see them… and then they will appear dead.
- Instant Upgrade and Insta-Repair interactions are now available on the Dishwasher.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an unplayable Sim when switching between Sims who are on and off lot.
- You can now put your Grills in your inventory.
- The kind you cook on, right? Great, online chat has ruined my ability to understand the basics of language…
- We fixed an issue that could result in the game freezing when a Sim attempts to repeatedly socialize with another Sim who is currently unable to multitask a socialization action (such as showering or bathing).
- You will no longer be allowed to ask a working bartender, to star or cloud gaze with you. They just have no idea how to multi-task the action, and found themselves flailing about in conflict with the desire to gaze, and the desire to mix drinks… it wasn’t pretty. Don’t do it!
- Interesting note, this action violated the forgotten rule #4 of the provisos (or quid pro quos) “you can lead a bartender on, but you can’t make him mix and gaze.”
- Sims with a significant other, will now lose the relationship with both the initiater and the initiated when they observe a jealous action betwixt their SO and their SO’s not so SO.
- We fixed an issue that could result in low fat Sims not properly displaying muscle tone when going from Create A Sim to Live Mode..
- We fixed an issue that could result in teens, sometimes, holding their cellphone backwards when using it.
- “Hey Marge! This here phone is telling me to ‘afpao a;lodu3’ myself.”
- “That’s just Alexander backwards texting you again George!”
- “Dern that whippersnapper and his backwards cellphone!”
- We fixed an issue that could result in a Sim seated at desk, near a wall, first walking outside when performing their next action.
- We fixed an issue where Sims returning home with low motives, could cause them to fail to perform autonomous actions and just stand idle.
- Loading a saved game will properly focus the camera on the currently active Sim. This was primarily an issue when the Sim was on a floor other than the ground floor.
- Ambient critter effects (insects, fireflies, or similar) will no longer play on the buildable portion of the Comfy Cubby lot.
- We have vigorously applied ample amounts of bug spray in order to keep them at bay*.
- *no actual bugs were harmed in the eradication of the bugs on the Comfy Cubby lot.
- We have vigorously applied ample amounts of bug spray in order to keep them at bay*.
- Sims were floating above ground on parts of the Crick Cabana lot in Willow Creek. We have addressed this issue by attaching gravitational stabilizers to the bottoms of all Sims feet which should keep them more firmly attached to the ground. Should the problem persist, please replace the batteries in yours Sims gravitational stabilizers. Thank you.
- Adding the Repair Service or Maid Sim to your household while in the performance of their duties could leave the “work tone” icon permanently attached to their portrait. This issue has been fixed.
- Sims will no longer spin in place when attempting a sneak up on (approach from the side) an ice cream machine.
- Also, it is not true that food that is unaware of your presence will not add to your waist line. Eating from someone else’s plate does not equal zero calories. And eating after midnight will not cause Stripe to get “grumpy”.
- The reach level 5 of the Tech Guru career goal for the Computer Whiz aspiration will no longer complete when you reach level 6… it will now complete when you reach level 5.
- You know, we could have just changed the text but that would change the whole dynamic. And if you haven’t got your dynamic, then you haven’t got anything.
- Previously the maid misunderstood the concept of Sunday and Monday, and turned their Sunday into a Monday, which meant their Monday was their Sunday… and really the whole point of a weekend is to have TWO days consecutively in order to refresh and recharge… breaking up and reversing your Monday and Sunday is just unfortunate… for all involved.
- Sims should no longer flash light and dark while washing dishes at the Pure Simplicity sink.
- …who washes dishes? I just throw them away.
- Objects (such as ceiling lights or cabinets) will no longer pop out of the view of the camera when dragging them to a lot edge.
- Cabinets are no longer sent to the household inventory when an action would cause them to change models (such as moving them from a corner to a flat wall) while automatic counters is on.
- Sims will no longer ignore the existence of the foundation when attempting to use a door along a diagonal wall on a raised foundation.
- Creatures with the power of flight however, will be able to enter the door without issue… so long as they are able to open the door, exist in the game, and have the proper permissions to enter.
- Rugs will no longer appear above the fog.
- Fog being the highly technical term used to denote the “greyish fuzziness” that occurs when the game graphics settings are set to low (greyish fuzziness is also highly technical…).
- Corner Cabinets can now be placed on left wall corners that are adjacent with right wall corners.
- Fun Fact: A corner adjacent to a corner, depending upon direction, is also called a U-turn.
- Placing a tall window on a roof wall should no longer cause an empty space to appear beneath the window
- I did that once, was not easy to fix… Of course, I also had an empty space where the window was… and a lot of glass shards on the ground.
- Circular Neon Tiki Sign and Neon Parrot Sign are now visible from both sides.
- Floor tiles placed in a block that has had its floor removed can now be removed with the sledgehammer tool.
- Placing a basement should now only clobber the objects on the floors above it that should be clobbered when a clobbering action is warranted.
- Clobber: to pound merci… no, um… to defeat overwhelm… no. Maybe go with “to defeat easily”? That one is pretty close… but it is definitely not “someone’s clothes, supplies, or equipment” – because that would just be weird.
- “Did that basement just clobber your room?”
- “Yes, and I had no idea it would look so good in a dress.”
- Clobber: to pound merci… no, um… to defeat overwhelm… no. Maybe go with “to defeat easily”? That one is pretty close… but it is definitely not “someone’s clothes, supplies, or equipment” – because that would just be weird.
- Wall decoratives placed in a room that is above a basement, will no longer vanish when changing wall heights.
- Spellchecker does not like the word decoratives. What does it expect the plural of a decorative to be? Decoratice?
- Several build objects that are available pursuant to the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, were only available on specific lots. We have removed the lot restrictions for these objects
- I’ve always wanted to misuse the word ‘pursuant.’
- Dishwashers will no longer tell you that they “must be placed on a larger surface” when attempting to place them in an invalid location. Now they will tell you “must be placed on specific objects.”
- It’s much clearer this way…
- The flat square block named “Rounded Deck” in the build catalog will no longer be known as the flat square block named “Rounded Deck”. It will hence forth be known as “Flat Square”, or, if you favor nostalgia, the flat square block formerly known as “Rounded Deck.”
- Rugs placed on the ground on certain lots will no longer disappear as the camera was brought closer to them.
- A shy rug… huh… I’ve seen stranger.
- The audio during Build Mode will now play even when the audio quality is set to low.
- The Quaking Aspen tree is now visible at all angles on low graphics settings.
- Using MOO to place objects will no longer improperly position the objects when moving the lot/room to a larger sized lot.
- MOO – move objects… on, except that we don’t use the “on” part in the current cheat. So, it’s really more of a MO.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes when deleting the deck of a home, it would leave behind floating objects, which would then allow the Sim to use those floating objects and get into all sorts of odd animation situations.
- Basement dirt floor is now an available floor pattern in Build Mode, named Bottom of the Basement.
Update: 03/11/2015 – PC Version 1.12.118 .1020 / Mac Version 126.96.36.1990
Update: 03/11/2015 – PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060
Hey Trick and Treaters!
Did your team win? Did your Sims trick, treat… or a little bit of both?
I know what I wanted to win!
I didn’t win…
It’s alright though… I’ll… *sniff*… I’ll carry on. Maybe someday…
But wait, have you seen the Gummie Fish in your game yet? Or the Bonefish? No? Why are you reading this?! Go play now!
Oh… but you only got one? I’ve heard rumors that Gummies and Bone fishies are natural enemies, and can often be found in the same fishing spots…
Well, I hope you had fun with the challenge. And now – The rewards!
- A new door, Edgar the Generous, offers lionhearted thanks to #TeamTreat, and can be found in the Buy catalog, eager to greet your friends and neighbors.
- The Gumber Fesh Bow is now available in the Buy catalog, with a lifetime supply of Gummie Fish to fill your bowls.
- The Ornate Beauty storage chest can be found in your Buy catalog. Open it up and let it store all of your collections for you.
- We also are going to say goodbye to the Trick and Treat interactions. Thank you for spending time with us… and maybe we’ll see you again.
But wait – is there more?
We’ve heard tell that repairing is tedious, tiresome… now, you can call the Repair Service any time, day or night, to fix up your broken this and that’s… for a small fee of course.
- Found in the phone menu, the repair service will send over a speedy repair technician to quickly repair your brokenings.
- There are also new socials that are available on the repair person to gain Handiness skill for your handiless Sims.
We have also addressed a handful of issues (if you could figuratively hold a single issue upon a finger, then there is literally a handful of addressed issues in this release).
- We fixed an issue that could prevent the maid from arriving during their normally scheduled work hours, if they attempted to arrive for work on a weekend.
- Maids should now properly work their Mon-Fri shifts, and will no longer attempt to work overtime on the weekends.
- As we were introducing the repair service to the game, we noticed long periods of time where the repairperson would stand doing nothing – this also occurred for other repair services (such as the maid). We have adjusted the ‘do-nothingness’ for the service NPCs, and are happy with the lessening of the nothingness time.
- “Hey Bub? Fella?! HEY! BUB?! Hey! I’m paying your by the hour here fella!! BUB!?!”
- You can now remove a fish from a fish bowl if the power is off.
- Apparently our fish were afraid of the dark, and would cat clamp themselves to the sides of the fish bowl if you attempted to remove them when the power was off. We fixed this, and now you can shove as many fish as you want into your pockets regardless of power state.
- We addressed several foundation issues that would result in Sims being unable to properly route over foundations within some lots in Willow Creek.
Get to Work Issues Fixed
- The Booking Station and Interrogation Table will now properly function even when they are not in their default colors.
- Somehow these two objects lost all functionality if their colors were altered… yep, that happened.
Thank you so much for all of your participation in the October Challenge! I hope you had as much fun with it in game, as we did watching the challenge play out.
Until next time,
An early Boo for you Simmers!There seems to be some Spooky Stuff skulking in the shadows just around the corner, but before we peek into the candy bowl, we have a few treats for you in today’s release!
Don’t cry… I’ll tell you what’s new.
- Sims have a new social trait to choose – Jealous!
- These Sims get Jealous more easily than other Sims. They gain a boost of Confidence from being around their significant other, but get Tense if they haven’t seen them recently.
- Be wary of those jealous tendencies however – we spent some time encouraging Sims to react more consistently in situations where jealous reactions are warranted.
- Two new interactions have snuck their way into your social options along with a special icon next to them…
- The icon is there to indicate that these are limited time interactions.
- Limited? Yup, for a limited time only, we’ve introduced “Trick” and “Treat” interactions in preparation for that spooky festival at the end of October. We will be sharing more info on why being a Tricker or a Treater might matter in the coming weeks.
- A new interaction “Claim” can now be found on beds. Choosing this interaction will cause Sims to prefer the chosen bed when sleep comes to claim them.
I know, I’m excited about the fixed issues too!
- We fixed an issue that was causing some users to be unable to progress past acquaintance relationship status, no matter how high their relationship.
- This would be most obvious as players attempted to progress up the Friend of the World aspiration track – finding they were unable to complete several of the milestone tracks.
- The creative juices are flowing, the melody is visualized, and you are ready to write that song! And then you aren’t… you just want a snack, chat with your friends, or maybe it’s just time for work. But wait, you can’t stop writing the song! “Why!?” you scream silently.
- Fear not my little song writers. We have defeated the unseen entity that bound you to your song writing – now, you can stop writing that song (whether from a guitar or violin) any time your little Simmy heart desires.
- We fixed an issue that could be caused when using a trackpad, resulting in the cursor becoming stuck (most often while in Create a Sim), and leave users in an unplayable state.
- The Clayblob and Microscope slides are now live draggable.
- We were creating inventory issues by allowing items in the inventory that could not be live dragged, resulting in some bad behaviors.
- Sims that are soulmates prior to reaching the “Achieve Soulmate Relationship with Spouse” aspiration goal, will now auto complete that goal.
- New and Improved Soulmate 2.0! …when your first soulmate just doesn’t cut the aspirational mustard.
- Nothing says completed Space Rock collection like an Orchid! Aren’t space rocks and orchids practically synonyms for one another?
- “Hey mom, did you see this cool orchid I got from space camp?”
- “The bouquet of space rocks you gave me for mother’s day are beautiful sweetie.”
- Fine, we changed this. Now, you get a plaque. A commemorative plaque… are you happy? Space Rock Commemorative Plaque… it hurts just to say it.
- Elder Sims hair color no longer changes to grey when modifying their eye color.
- I knew it! Eye color, grey, hair, changes – it all adds up! Elders are old!
- We have added more lot sizes to the gallery filters in order to properly filter lots into their own sorts.
- The 40×30 and 50×40 sizes now have their own filter.
- We fixed an issue that was incorrectly locking the male beige cardigan (ymTop_CardiganCollar_Beige) from being worn by Sims.
- Sims now prefer to wash their dishes in a dishwasher rather than a sink.
- Divorced Sims, who live in the same household… really? Because that’s not a tiny bit awkward… will no longer autonomously sleep together in the same bed.
- The level 3 Criminal reward interaction “Pick Pocket” is once again available under the Mischief category after being unlocked.
- The “Go on 2 Dates” goal of Amore Amateur milestone will now properly track for all dates, no matter who initiated them.
- The help text for teen careers will no longer reference school performance tips.
- You will no longer be able to upgrade a broken refrigerator.
- I suppose, technically you can upgrade a broken refrigerator, since repairing it could be considered an upgrade from the broken state. So, it should have read “You will no longer be able to choose the interaction named upgrade when the refrigerator is broken.”
- But it was probably fine not going into that extra level of detail.
- The “Make a Friend” goal for the child Social aspiration will now properly satisfy… when you make a friend.
- Rugs now properly resize with the “[” and “]” keys when using the resize cheat.
- This has just opened up an entire new world of home decorating possibilities for me!
- Tense Sims can now resume their wood working crafts.
- I always find that when I’m feeling stressed out and tense, that wielding a hammer and a saw do wonders for my tension.
- I’m sure it’ll be fine.
- I always find that when I’m feeling stressed out and tense, that wielding a hammer and a saw do wonders for my tension.
- Fixed an issue where some sculpture objects were not able to be cloned with the eyedropper tool.
Get to Work
- The Lice Cold Freezer will now allow Sims to properly route to it in order to make a purchase.
- Placing a home from the gallery on top of a rented home in Granite Falls will no longer make the game unplayable.
- Yoga is definitely good for your health and fitness, but you should no longer expect your Sim to become hulking masses of pure muscle tone madness by doing Yoga alone.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the use of Saunas when placed in a basement.
Perfect Patio Stuff
- The Hot Tub control panel should no longer hide for no apparent reason.
- The Buy a Hot Tub whim will now only complete when you buy a hot tub… not when you buy anything other than a hot tub.
Cool Kitchen Stuff
- Restocking an ice cream bowl will now also include ice cream in the bowl.
- I’ve often found that when bringing my children to an ice cream shop, having ice cream as the end result often yielded greater positive results over simply stepping in to grab a spoon.
- Dragging a carton of ice cream onto a counter will no longer cause the carton of ice cream to disappear.
- Leaving a carton of ice cream on the counter however does increase its probability of disappearance through natural causes.
- The Steam Catcher (a ceiling light) has been made easier to find by sorting it within the stove sort.
- That made more sense when we fixed it than it does when we read about the fix.
- Ice Cream tubs can now be live dragged into the refrigerator for safe keeping.
- Now you can make tubs and tubs of ice cream without feeling guilty as you watch them melt away on the counter tops. Just place them in a fridge for a dozen nights of ice cream delights!
- Dragging a partially eaten bowl of ice cream will no longer refill the ice cream bowl magically.
- Why can’t this be true!? Whyyyyyyyy!?
- The game will now properly launch when Origin is set to offline.
Thank you for your feedback, keep the tricks and treats coming, and happy Simming,
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who is plotting on how to steal candy from that tricky Spooky Candy Bowl
Update: 01/09/2015 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
We’ve got a small handful of fixes to share this week. Now rest assured more fixes are _always_ in progress, but since these were ready to release we wanted to get them out.
- Sims should now be able to change their relationship status normally with all other Sims. Wait… didn’t we already fix this? *GRRR* Well we fixed more cases of stuck relationship levels. The Friend of the World aspiration should also be working for any new friends you make.
- Fixed an issue where produce grown from seeds appeared all black. Existing black produce will stay that way, but new plants should appear properly.
- Growing up with Italian family I always had plenty of Panettone every holiday season. If you’ve ever had this Italian version of the fruitcake you will agree that there is nothing to hate about this delicious pastry. Unfortunately the fruitcake our Sims share when welcoming a new Sim to the neighborhood is not delicious Panettone. It is some cursed monstrosity that has a chance to make your Sim hate all food. Well, we un-cursed the fruitcake. Your Sim may still hate it, but at least they shouldn’t hate everything else.
That’s it for this week. Thank you again for all your reports. All of these issues were pulled from community feedback and there are many more in the pipeline. Together we’re making the game better.
Update: 06/08/2015 – PC Version 22.214.171.1240 / Mac Version 126.96.36.1990
Happy August everyone! Summer heat abounds, ice cream is afoot, and it’s patch day!
We are days away from Cool Kitchen Stuff, and delivering frozen treats to Sims of all ages! And what could be better than bowls and bowls of half-eaten, melted ice cream littering the counters and tabletops of your Sims? Ice cream cones of course! …and maybe a dishwasher to help clean up the place.
So, you said Dishwashers?
Indeed, found within the Kitchen Appliances sort, or by searching for “dishwasher”, you can add to your Sims home an appliance made for the sole purpose of washing your dishes – a Dishwasher!
The dishwasher is slotted easily within your already manicured homes into any non-island counter.
Scrubbing at the sink is for the powerless!
Did you fix my issue?
I hope that we did, but if we didn’t please let us know. Here are the issues we did look into however…
- Mail will now arrive at your residence even if you are not there! No more lost packages… stolen by some hunger-need-failing Sim looking for the tart of the month package delivery. No, now your mail will safely arrive to your home… even when you aren’t there.
- The hunger-need-failing Sim is ok, he’ll probably just grab a bite from your fridge.
- Male eye colors – alligator green, gray-green, deep blue, dark grey, purple – will now properly save on male Sims both while in Create a Sim, and after exiting.
- Original by creator lot information will no longer be lost when a downloaded lot is modified via manage worlds and then re-uploaded to the Gallery.
- We fixed the issue that caused several lots to display black/missing textures as a result of overlapping roofs (most noticeable in complex roof creations, and sometimes would cause roof objects to also appear incorrectly in shadow).
- We hope to see your beautiful structures continue to enhance the Gallery.
- Searching hashtags in the Gallery will no longer reset the advanced filter settings. Search away searchlings… search away.
- Randomly placed poles at the park near Rippling Flats are no longer randomly placed, but instead have been purposefully removed, and will be thoughtfully considered before we once again decidedly place them in any future location.
- Alien ears will no longer change in size or shape as the Sim ages up.
- …outside of the normal “I aged up so my heads bigger” type of size and shape changes.
- Using the interaction “Send Neighbors Home” will now properly end the Welcome Wagon event, and send the neighbor’s home.
- Turns out, in the code, all non-played Sims are considered ready to age up at any time. Which means, whenever the code would say “I want to start an NPC hosted birthday party. Is there anyone available to host it?” The answer was always yes. Oddly enough, it also turns out that this was causing players non-played Sims to age up quite often if the player went to the birthday parties they were invited to. We’ve fixed the availability for non-played Sims to host their own birthday party to properly check against their age.
- Cereal is no longer grungy looking and unappetizing, but is now vibrant, colorful, and quite appetizing. And as a cereal lover of many varieties… I have to say I agree with the vibrancy.
- Custom music tracks will no longer choose to play silently for no apparent reason when listening to them on the stereo.
- However, I have to wonder if it was just the game deciding it didn’t like a particular track.
- Sims shadow detail once again includes extremities and not just an odd blob beneath their feet. Because Sims are more than just blobs to us… they are arms, legs, and the whole package.
- *sniff* bring it in here big guy… I’m feeling a hug coming on.
- Sims will no longer reset when attempting to clean up spoiled food in their inventory while in a hot tub or pool… because it’s completely normal to carry spoiled food in your pockets when you go swimming.
- You don’t mind if I respectfully decline that pool party you were inviting me to, do you?
- Sims will no longer reset when attempting to resume eating a garnished chocolate covered strawberry, caramel covered apple, or cheese dipper. Great… now I’m hungry.
- Sims who are cuddling in a Hot Tub, will no longer leave their intimate positions to awkwardly ask to woohoo from a friendlier position, only to get back to cuddling before then secretly slipping beneath the jets.
- Applying the hair best described as ‘Swept Frosted Black’ to a child Sim will now actually give the child black hair… and not some other randomly selected hair color.
- Note the following tuning Change: Teleportation from stools has been moved from level 5, to level 7.
Get to Work
- We fixed an issue in which…. before we continue, I feel that I must legally ask that you take a moment to stretch your facial muscles. Do some warmups (ah-oh’s, face pops), really get ready. Ok? Ok, let’s continue…
- Restocking a multi-object (like the drink tray) while a 3rd object (like a chair slotted into a table) was blocking the restocking, was resulting in a partial object restocking but a full charge for the restocking. Restocking should now fully restock an object, whether or not another object was blocking the restocking.
May you always find ice cream when you seek it, garnish when you need it, and toppings for all your flavors,
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who is spending a lot of time with his new dishwasher cleaning those dirty dishes that have been piling up in the corner over the last year.
Update: 28/07/2015 – PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060
Today we are releasing a small, but focused update to address two specific issues that have been affecting some folks. This update would not have been possible without your help and support. To everyone who contributed save files and participated in bug threads on the forums and Answers HQ, you have our sincere thanks!
“Can’t Make Friends” a.k.a. “Relationship Stuck At Impartial”
- Sims should now be able to change their relationship status normally with all other Sims.
“Map Reload Issue” a.k.a. “Loading a lot kicks me back to the map”
- This should be fixed for most players, and you should now be able to visit problem lots once again. This actually turned out to be a few different issues that all had the same result. In each case some sequence of events would put a lot into a ‘bad’ state, and the game would essentially run back to the safety of the map screen. We believe we’ve fixed the most common causes of this effect, but there may be other methods that might scare the game away. If you encounter a new one, please share!
Thank you again for your continued support and participation!
Update: 09/07/2015 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
Please relax. If you desire, grab a towel, be comfortable. Have some herbal tea. The music is set to zen. And our minds are free to mingle with the universe, as we contemplate the mixing of 1s and 0s in this update. We allow ourselves to submerge into our subconscious, as we along with the data, flow together to form all new outcomes.
Ahhhm feeling very one with you right now. The time is ready. Let us find out “the new”.
*sneezes* Whelp, there goes my zen. Oh well…
Half Walls! Not Full Walls!
I’m not sure why we call them half walls, as that would imply we are just giving you one size… a half wall. But we’ve got five sizes for you! So they really are more like Not Full-Wall Walls.
To begin building with your very own Not Full-Wall Walls:
- Open up Build Mode, and click on the Build sort.
- In the picture, select the deck (near fences and doors) called Walls and Empty Rooms
- From here, you can find Half Walls and Half Wall Trims in their similarly named sorts
- Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to change their names in game… so sadly they are still called half walls. But you and I know better.
You can replace existing walls or draw your own half walls, similar to fences. Once you have placed a half wall, you can texture the wall using Wall Patterns, or modify the trim piece from the Half Wall Trims catalog.
Sims can now lock their doors!
- Click on a door, choose Lock Door For… and select who you want to keep out.
- Once you have chosen who doesn’t get to use the door, you can modify the access list by choosing Allow Access For… and select who gets to come in.
- Or you can unlock the door.
Some new things!
- The King’s and Queen’s Door (allowing only just the men or women to pass through it)
- The Seeing Glass door
- The Smooth Keeper fence
- The Subtle Saucer ceiling light
- 6 new Wall Decals (4 arrows and a male/female decal)
- A male and female Towel full body outfit for all ages
- A pair of slippers for the kids
- Updated the organization for and added all new sorts for your Households, Lots, and Rooms
- Size, Room Type, Lot Type, Price, # of Sims
- Funds and Lot Size for your current lot is now visible when placing a lot from within Live Mode
- This is incredible! To not have to guess what lot size I was playing on, or how many Simoleons I had left to build with… so nice!
- A large assortment of new lots can be found in the My Library tab, from library to park, and residential to lounge (over 25 lots added).
- A new option to place lots from Manage Worlds without entering Build Mode.
World and Venue Interface Oooverhaul
It’s been proven through statistical manipulation that if you use really big sounding words to describe something, it sounds awesome! That said, this is pretty awesome!
The Lot Info Panel layout has been updated
- Residential lot bedroom / bathroom fields are now text entry fields rather than drop downs
- Lot Value and Dimensions are easier to find
- And there is a new button, View Venue Type in Gallery, which takes you to lots of that type in My Library for quick placement.
- This option also exists within the venue type drop down
The World Maps have a new button next to them to View World Info. From within
- Add / edit the world description
- Click View Lot Types to see which lots already exist with the current world, and again easily find within the Gallery if you wish to place a specific lot type.
General (Crash / Performance / Critical)
- We have continued to improve performance through various optimizations.
- The cas.fulleditmode cheat will no longer allow a pregnant Sims to switch age or gender.
General (Tuning / Interface)
- The unbreakable PrioPerfection Motion Sensor Game Mat is now unbreakable.
- The unsinkable Molly Brown is not.
- Child only households are no longer allowed to move directly into a lot without an existing household from the gallery.
- The Gallery description fields not only allow you to type 500 characters, but now they also let you read 500 characters!
- Joining a play date with a Sim that is playful will now properly satisfy the hidden playful goal for the event.
- Sometimes goals that are “obvious” to an event are hidden in order to streamline the way an event is presented.
- Roof trims are now free!!!
- Well, they’ve always been free, but now they also SAY they are free.
- Items flagged as “New” will no longer be “New” once you know them.
- Or I could just say “Clicking on a new flagged item will clear the flag.”
- Phone options in the phone menu will no longer crawl their way off screen when switching tabs.
- Because that was creepy.
- Fixed an issue in Create a Sim that could cause facial features to incorrectly modify if a Sim was first randomized from Gallery and then switched ages.
- Burned stereos will no longer continue to visually act as if they are still functional.
- We fixed an issue that would prevent you from being able to rotate an object after using the “M” key to swap which slot the object was resting in.
- Did you know about the “M” key?
- I didn’t.
- And I’m all about keyboard shortcuts (WASD for life!).
- The riverside curb found in the neighborhood containing Fern Park, Beech Byway, Oak Alcove, and Midtown Meadows will no longer allow your Sims to contemplate life, existence, everything… fish… by being able to see through to the infinite void.
- Fixed an issue that could cause photos and paintings to turn black if they were first placed into the Household Inventory, and then placed on the lot.
- 2560 x 1440 resolution will now be remembered when switching between fullscreen and windowed modes.
- Also, if you are playing at 2560 x 1440, I’m jealous. So…yep, there it is.
- The thumbnail loading animation in The Gallery will now actually animate, rather than appear as if you have frozen… once again freeing you to contemplate life, existence, forty-two…
- Pressing “B” will now properly select the Wall Tool, and not the basement tool.
- Because Wall starts with B! It’s silent.
- And invisible.
- Several flowers and shrubs recently became incorrectly hidden behind a cheat. We have fixed this issue and returned the foliage to their proper place in the catalog.
- I love the word foliage.
- Players can no longer choose to move their household into Granite Falls… since that corrupted their save file…
- … and the other Sims 4 save files on their system
- But that’s it!
- Except there was that one designer… supposedly he went a little, you know, as a result of working on the issue. But that was unconfirmed. Completely unrelated. I mean, I’m not one to talk… but, well, his family has a “history” you know. He lived with his mother at this motel on the interstate. And well I don’t want to bore you with the details, but there was talk about how his mother had passed under mysterious circumstances and you know, he was finding it difficult to accept her passing. Spending his days listlessly working his motel desk, cleaning the showers… it is true that ‘we all go a little mad sometimes,’ his words not mine of course, but I’m not sure he’s put the past behind him. And well, I think it’s affecting his work. Maybe I’ll head over to his place, and talk to him about it. Should be fine… it’s not prying you know, I’m just concerned.
- Choosing to “Join Vacation” will no longer use a llama icon in the action queue.
- The llama does have a name, it’s Dolly.
- You will no longer receive the Unbearable buff if you run into the bear when the bear is not in character.
- Sims will no longer become stuck with the dirty clothes look if they were grungy while on vacation and took a shower/bath to clean up.
- They will however maintain the look if they are LARPing 90s Northwest bands.
- Using the Fireweed Spray on a bed will now have visual fx when using it.
- The forest ranger now has an icon of their very own when asked about their career.
Get to Work
- We fixed an issue that prevented the hiring of new employees if a former employee had died while on the job. And while we are concerned for the safety of all employees, it is equally, if not more important to ensure that you can keep your store running. What you do with your employees, at your store is not for us to worry about, we just want to make sure you can keep hiring.
- The Memory Erase interaction now increases mischief skill. We just forgot.
- Now when you search for Hot Tub, you will find… hot tubs.
- Also, hot tubs now provide fun for your Sims.
Much appreciation, happy relaxation, and thank you for your continued dedication to The Sims,
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome, who has been spending a lot of time not calling Half Walls Half Walls.]
Update: 11/06/2015 – PC Version 22.214.171.1240 / Mac Version 126.96.36.1990
It’s Thursday! There’s some exciting Stuff happening just around the corner, and we have a release to release to you… in this release. So, stretch out to a new world, welcome your Sims with a little fruitcake, and draw up a room where you can place a chair to sit in, in order to relax, if that is your inclination, or perhaps you’re more of an on the edge of your seat type of person, in which case you shouldn’t sit back, because that wouldn’t really make sense…
Um, what’s new!?
We have heard the cries from the mountain tops for space (“My Sims need space!” <- see right there). And so, welcome to Newcrest! Fifteen lots await your creative hand to build to your desire. OR if you are less inclined to build from scratch, jump into the Gallery and populate your world from your fellow Simmers’ creations. Some have already built some amazing lots, just search for #BuildNewcrest.
The return of the Welcome Wagon! Have you been finding it difficult to break the ice with your neighbors? Can’t seem to get anyone to come to the door and engage in a deep conversation about dinosaurs or your insecurities? Now when you move in to a new lot, your neighbors* will arrive with a welcoming smile and a pound of fruitcake.
*Please note: fruit cake, welcoming smile, and inviting neighbors require neighbors.
And to answer the unanswerable question of where does a lawn ornament go when their time is up, the Reagnomper gnome has been seen skulking about the Build catalog.
Tutorials have been given a facelift! Introductory dialogs now provide context as to the mode or lesson being taught, and allow you to skip a portion of the tutorial that you may already be familiar with.
A new tool, the Custom Room Tool, is now in Build Mode. This tool will allow you to draw your own room shapes.
- You can find the tool in the Walls and Empty Rooms sort in Build Mode.
- As you draw, each click will place a new wall segment, an indicator of the last clicked position, and a starting position. To complete the room, click back to the starting position.
- The last clicked position provides information to you in regards to the undo behavior.
And what about issues we’ve fixed?
- We fixed a plagiarism issue that was allowing the “Original by” creator information associated with a lot or room to become lost after using the placement option via Manage Worlds and then re-uploading the lot to the Gallery.
- Sims in inactive households will no longer find themselves conscripted into unwanted jobs.
- You! Yes you ‘in the inactive household’ behind the ‘build structure that approximates the appearance of a’ grandstand. Stand still, Simmie!
- We fixed an issue that could cause corruption of the save files when players attempted to share their save files with one another.
- Using the “Enchanting Introduction” while running on a treadmill will no longer cause the Sim to sink into the treadmill.
- Working Out will no longer satisfy the Mentor Fitness or Study Opponents daily tasks from Professional Athlete and Bodybuilder career branches.
- Hungry Ghosts will no longer be informed that they might drown while they are swimming… mostly because we couldn’t quite agree from a philosophical approach about what it means to die when dead.
- I suppose if you consider the ghost as a reanimation of former life, it is possible that the re-death would result in a termination of that animation. But not all agree that the ghost is a reanimation, but rather a reflection of the former Sims spirit housed in a ghostly apparition. In which case, death of a reflection no longer made sense.
- Discussions on a Sims development team can get quite odd sometimes…
- don’t ask me about woohoo.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from editing the relationships of a household that was downloaded from the Gallery and merged with a currently non-played household.
- Candles will no longer be impacted by the paying of or lack of paying bills.
- Much to our dismay, it turns out that candles don’t actually draw their fuel source from the power grid, but instead rely upon a rudimentary combustion for their fuel, or in some cases battery power. Neither of which are impacted by payment of bills. Huh, crazy I know.
- Ask on Date was available as an option earlier than intended, resulting in many Sims hopes being dashed without any possibility of success.
- I remember those times.
Issues (Get to Work)
- Aliens have begun to adjust to the strange and scary visiting Sims to their home world and are more likely to venture from their homes, if only to catch a glimpse of a Sim.
- Male Sims that reach level 10 in the detective career will now properly unlock the prison jumpsuit in Create a Sim.
- Fixed an issue that was failing to save the mannequin outfit, resulting in the mannequin display reverting to another outfit rather the players setting.
Issues (Luxury Party Stuff)
- Fruit Punch Fountain will now appear charred when charred.
- Ok, you probably didn’t run into this (crosses fingers)… but if you ran into the “why doesn’t it burn issue” that was briefly possible in late May, and you have installed Luxury Party Stuff and you then attempted to upload to the Gallery or bulldoze the lot that had the burn issue, you may have found yourself in a “my lot is corrupted, life has ended, I see a light” state of mind, or maybe not to that extreme. This issue has now been fixed.Much appreciation for your time, feedback, and patience,
-SimGuruGnome[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome, who spent the last few weeks perfecting a fruitcake recipe]
Update: 14/05/2015 – PC Version 188.8.131.520 / Mac Version 184.108.40.2060
We know it’s only been a short while since our most recent release. We have just a small update here as we are getting ready for the up and coming release of The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack.
So, what have we got for you?
- Sims your household knows can call you up and invite you to some of their events!
- Sims in a relationship might get a phone call to go on a date. Your child’s friends might ask them over for a play date. Or your “ready to age up, but not yet aged up” friends can call to ask you join them for their birthday party*.
*If you have aging turned off in the options panel, this will not invalidate that option. However, if you attend the birthday party, the Sim throwing the party will age up as a result of the party.
And we addressed a couple… well I mean, a couple is two, right? Yea, and a few is more than a couple, while some is more than a few? And several is greater than… yea ok, I got it. We fixed “some” issues. Some, yea, some is good.
“Some” Issues Fixed
- We fixed an issue where the social Ask on Date was working correctly, however if you chose the same action from the Relationship Panel or the Phone, it was 100% guaranteed to succeed. The Relationship Panel and Phone options now have the same chance for success and failure as the social.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the Create a Sim tutorial from advancing properly in some cases when the Genetics panel was active.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the phone to ring only when the game was paused.
- I’m picturing a family of frozen Sims, unable to reach the ringing telephone. The parents, they’re fine, they’ve long since taught themselves to ignore the phone… the teens? The teens are silently screaming, unable to claw their way to the ringing phone. It’s a movie, called “The Unanswerable.”
- We fixed a few text errors in the chance card for level four of the Writing career. Ironic?
Btw, did you know that if you add just one letter to a sentence with ‘few’, it alters the meaning significantly: I have few friends vs. I have a few friends.
[Posted on behalf of a few SimGuruGnomes]
Update: 04/05/2015 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
It’s May, and I’ve got a bag full of fixes… wait that’s more of a December reference. I’ve got a shower of fixes for… that’s April.
May is Autumn and Spring (depending on where you live). It’s the beginning of the end of another school year. It’s the end of an egg-citing challenge. It’s May the 4th be with you! And it’s when I have a whole bunch of updates to share with you in this release!
I’m really sorry about the egg pun. It’s best if we both could just forget it ever happened and move along…
What’s on the New side of things?
- We have replaced the loading screen with a lighter more lively loading screen.
- “Going with the loading screen right out of the gate on the notes, huh?”
- The Bunny Egg Hunt is no longer available in game. Your logs will once again contain no eggs, but frogs. Your mailboxes, the home of drab, eggless bills. And collectible confection creations will no longer be found beneath the weeds of your gardens.
- All of the object rewards (eggs and bunny) are yours!
- And, all of the object rewards can be found in the Build catalog (unlocked or behind the hidden objects cheat).
- Thank you for your participation!
- Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
- Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
- Carrots and Alternative music to more baby boys.
- A new “?” icon is available in the Plan a Social Event interface. Hover over it to learn about the requirements that a particular Role has for the event being planned.
- Some new outfits are in Create a Sim. Open up Styled Looks to quickly find Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Aayla Secura!
- And May the 4th be with you!
- Aliens have adapted to the Simish ways and are now have access to the full Create a Sim catalog!
- And by full we mean everything except skin details, because they are aliens after all.
Issues Fixed (Crash / Freeze)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the wall block tool in Build Mode.
- We fixed an issue stated that “Normal gameplay cannot be resumed if user Exits to Main Menu while aging up an infant.” We fixed this issue, but I have to wonder… were you able to resume abnormal gameplay?
- Fixed a memory leak that was keeping too many audio resources loaded in memory which could have caused crashes during extended game sessions.
- Fixed a freeze that could occur if two transitions were set to occur on top of one another, such as one Sim is about to travel, while the other Sim is about to enter Create a Sim to plan an outfit.
- I know that part of my responsibility is to interpret the issues for you in a way that makes sense but sometimes… We fixed an issue that could “… cause the client to enter a hang when trying to move a not currently in the world household that was previously transferred into a new household via household management onto an already occupied lot via the Move In option.” You’re welcome.
Issues Fixed (General)
- Dragging an Activity Table drawing from the table to a wall, will properly display the drawing against the wall.
- Cancelling an interaction will now properly satisfy the tutorial request to cancel an interaction.
- Testing cheatsare now saved per household.
- This means that once you turn on ‘testingcheats true’ they will remain enabled until you decide to turn them off with the ‘testingcheats false’ command.
- This includes through travel, save, quit, restart, a weekend at your grandmothers, an afternoon at the beach, or just because you needed some space. Because you were tired of always having to come up with new answers when your Sims would look at you and ask “What are you thinking about?”
- Child labor laws have required that we remove the ability for children to throw away food from the grill.
- Turns out that the current labor laws have difficulty with children working with potentially dangerous outdoor open flame grilling appliances… even if it just makes sense for little Billy who is right next to the grill to clean it, rather than dad having to put down his beverage, get up from his comfortable chair… oh for the…
- Sims with the Fresh Chef trait will no longer make food that spoils, just like the trait says… turns out they have all just been lying to us!
- Maids should be more responsive while on the job, and no longer stand around doing nothing while they charge you an hourly wage.
- You will no longer be required to watch your hired maid perform their duties in order to ensure you are getting the service you paid for. Maids will now properly clean your home, even if you aren’t there! It’s like a whole new world out there folks…
- Maids will no longer appear at work in their everyday outfit, but will be dressed appropriately.
- Be aware that Maids have long wanted to clean up those salvage piles left everywhere, and have decided to forgo your desire to “get around to it” and will now just throw it all away.
- Tend Garden will no longer bully its way to the front of your action queue, but instead will wait its turn like all the other actions… except for that pesky death one, and the fire one, oh oh and the bladder fail one. And maybe a few others. But other than those, it will wait its turn like all the rest.
- Treadworthy stairs that are placed indoors will no longer have a missing bottom step.
- Pool lights will now consistently illuminate nearby Sims, rather than blinking them in and out of shadow.
- Sims that you invited to play chess with you will no longer remain stuck at the chess table for an unusually long period of time after you leave.
- Using the fence tool to place a fence, will now properly preview when hovered over a wall that has a counter against it.
- Sims will no longer think of an empty thought bubble upon returning from adoption.
- While we understand the adoption process can be mentally draining, emotionally challenging, and physically tiring, we felt that the Sim would still have a thought to express upon returning.
On a side note… does anyone know if the rule of three is still in effect when expressing an idea? I only recently learned of the Oxford comma change, and the single space vs double space debate, that I feel the need for a refresher course.
- It is now possible to re-enable super speed 3 when your Sim is at work, if you had previously slowed the speed.
- Hosting a dinner party will now allow you to hire a caterer.
- The hidden achievement (which I can neither verify nor deny the existence of), Problem Child, will now properly be rewarded to teen Sims who have reached level 10 in the Mischief skill… assuming this is a real achievement.
- The Mod Pod Twin Sleeper will no longer re-energize the sleeping Sim as quickly.
- The uncomfortable craftsmanship was only recently discovered beneath the mattress.
- The eyedropper now properly highlights floor tiles within a block.
- Child Sims who are already “A”student’s will no longer be required to slack off at school in order to successfully satisfy the Achieve a Grade of “A” at School aspiration goal.
- Fixed an issue where switching from low graphic settings to higher graphic settings without restarting was causing shadows to become blocky.
- We fixed an issue where a Sim, who was on their way to take a bath, that encountered a pool in their way, would decide to skinny dip their way to the bathtub. This will no longer occur.
- The Cutlass of Light color choices now properly reflect the objects color when placed in world.
- Professional Athletes using the Study Opponents interaction will no longer build random skills while doing so.
- All trash cans in Willow Creek should now allow Sims to place trash within their waiting maw.
- Fixed an issue that was loading the incorrect save file after all the Sims had died in a household, and the player chose to save their game.
- Be aware that we fixed an issue with relationship decay between household Sims.
- Sims in the same household were not showing any relationship decay between one another unless one of them traveled. We fixed this issue, and now relationship decay will occur as intended.
- Fixed an issue with the male jaw tagging that prevented randomly generated Sims from having diversity in their jaw shape.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Sims arm to become stuck, if they were told to throw away the same bag of trash they were already throwing away.
- We fixed an issue in Create a Sim that was causing one particular female asset (a sweatshirt wrapped around the Sims waist) to appear graphically corrupt when paired with some boot assets.
- You will no longer have the option to throw away everything on a salvage pile, if it is the only salvage pile available. It turns out throw away and throw away everything are the same thing when there is only one thing. Things you learn.
- The whim to “Write a Jingle” can now also be completed by using the “Write a Jingle” interaction on the violin.
- Fixed an issue that was causing mirrors to lose their reflectivity when they were too close to the camera position. This was easily seen when using the Take Photo option, but could also occur in 1st person mode.
- Sims will now become jealous if the target of the jealousy was not the initiating Sim, as well as if they were.
- Meaning Sims will become jealous if the Sim they are jealous of is the kissee or the kisser.
- Changing the lot type of any lot will no longer invalidate the employment of all employees at owned retail lots.
- “The library is now a museum? Great… there go all the jobs in the neighborhood.”
- Fixed an issue with the selection tool in build mode that would create invalid pick options when the camera was zoomed all the way out.
- Fixed an issue that could result in your lot becoming zebra stripped if you attempted to move the lot after changing the wall height of a selected basement room.
- Fixed an issue that was pushing corner columns out of the corners if the block they were attached to was divided by the wall tool.
- OK, we fixed an issue where *takes a moment to contemplate how to explain* if a room is placed on the second sub-basement floor beneath a fountain on the ground floor, and a Sim is standing on the sub-basement floor, and then you remove that floor, the Sim would become stuck inside the fountain. The Sim will no longer become stuck in the fountain.
- Fixed an issue that was resetting Sims seated at the bar if the player modified the lot via Build Mode.
- The Photo Studio will now properly appear charred if it has been or is currently on fire. But not if it will be on fire.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the Sim route failing when told to Dig a rock collectible.
- Placing a lot from the Gallery on a lot larger than the originally uploaded lot, while the Move Objects cheat is active, will no longer cause the objects inside of rooms to shift out of place.
- The Watch Fireplace Channel whim can now be properly completed.
- Fixed an issue that could fail to load to a Gallery Room when clicking on a Spotlight Banner for that room.
- We fixed an invalid romantic relationship issue
- The Kiss Quick action is what is referred to as a “quick” social that occurs autonomously between Sims in a relationship, and between family members. The social was mistakenly tagged with a romantic relationship bump, which resulted in the incorrect behavior. The romance bump has been removed.
- Fixed a Gallery connection issue that could occur as a result of the interface getting into a bad state. Pretty vague, huh? Yep.
- Fixed an issue that would cause pools to attempt to place on the basement level, if you picked one up and rotated it.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from changing the hair or eyebrow color if the “Match Hair” option was on.
- Fixed an issue that could result in a bill being delivered to a household but no notification appearing.
- You should no longer see the “Visit My Packs to learn more about The Sims 4 packs.” tutorial if you have already seen it. By the way, did you know you can Visit My Packs to learn more about The Sims 4 packs?
- Cook books can now be published.
Issues Fixed (Interface)
- Fixed an issue with the Sim Inventory scrollbar that would cause the inventory to become inaccessible in certain circumstances. You should now be able to scroll up and down.
- Text and name fields in the Gallery can now be copied, pasted, and cut…ed.
- Notifications that end in punctuation will now properly fit in the chat bubble, rather than the punctuation appearing ostracized outside of the bubble.
- The relationship panel will sort the most recently interacted with Sim to the front of the panel.
- The Sim Aged Up dialog that appears when… um, Sims age up, will no longer be four times as large as it needs to be.
- Now when a child or teen is missing school, we no longer show a briefcase icon… because apparently not every school child carries a briefcase to work, despite the fashionable appearance and ease of accessibility that make them perfect for just about any occasion.
- Chess interactions that are not available when the Sim is very uncomfortable will now properly grey out in the pie menu. Or… will now properly gray out in the pie menu. Your choice really.
- Tooltips for actions your Sim can take while at school will now properly reference school in their descriptions.
- Hovering over a Sim in the relationship panel will now change the background color to indicate that there is a clickable action available.
- We removed the tooltips from the painting interactions that all said the same thing
- The purpose of a tooltip is to provide additional information about a thing that you could not already get from the original expression of the thing.
- In this case the tooltip essentially said Thing? Thing.
- Opening the load game dialog will no longer default to the auto save, it will now default to your last explicitly saved game.
- The ‘Include Custom Content’ filter will now remember its setting when the gallery is closed and reopened.
- The career information that appears in the relationship panel for Sims who do not have jobs, will not show that they are working 24/7.
- Career and Miscellaneous Styled Rooms now have their own sort in the Styled Rooms catalog.
A random pause… I was reading to my child the other night and he looked up to me confused after this one part I had read, and I realized… he had no idea what a record was.
Issues Fixed (Get to Work)
- Fixed an issue where parts of a basement ceiling placed beneath a pool or fountain would disappear.
- We added a “flair” to the Perks button in the Retail Panel to indicate that you have enough points to spend on your first perk purchase.
- I think this finally puts us above the 15 pieces of flair requirement.
- Customers will now browse more often when they come to your retail establishment, rather than using it as the new socialization hot spot.
- Retail perks that you can’t afford will now explain to why you can’t afford them.
- Selling photos using the Sell Photo interaction will now sell the photos for the same value as listed in their hover tip.
- Perhaps you noticed that when you apply a filer to your photography the image would shift by half a pixel. Fear not friends, you can no longer notice that half pixel shift, for it has been removed.
- The Sim taking the picture will no longer leave floating objects in front of the camera lens.
- Fixed an issue that could result in S.O.U.P’s (Sims of Unusual Proportions) if a child Sim was aged up while it was a patient at the hospital.
- Cancelling the Get Confession action will no longer prevent the Interrogate a Suspect goal from properly completing.
- Fixed an issue that could result in duplicate options appearing under the “Assign Task…” menu for employee Sims.
- Employees who run out of work tasks to perform will no longer behave in ways that make it confusing to know if they are still working, or just hanging out at work.
- Employees and customers are now less chatty and more buy-ey.
- Sims at their careers will no longer be abducted by aliens.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a new advertising campaign from being purchased when the previous one ended.
- Sims can now use their purchases immediately upon purchase.
- Sims will no longer be allowed to set a Cupcake Factory for sale that is currently in use.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Sims from decorating their baked goods when they want to do so.
- Employees will now proactively clean any object that can get dirty, take out trash, and mop when they have been instructed to Clean the Store.
- The ability to purchase new advertising was appearing while the old advertising was still active, thus allowing the Sim to purchase an indefinite number of times without any added benefit. This is issue is now fixed.
- Objects that are set for a sale price of zero Simoleons will now have customers showing up to purchase them.
- Oddly enough, customers were under the impression it was a marketing ploy, and that the bait and switch was going to have them signing up for a time share in some far off land, after sitting through a seven hour presentation on the up and coming Arctic opportunities.
- Fixed an issue that could result in no suspects being shown with some clue combinations.
- Customers will no longer swipe twice when making a purchase from a retail shop, or shoppe, or … well I guess it really depends on the presence you were hoping to create. Perhaps what you were really going for was an emporium of sorts. Ah, now that’s the way to go.
- You will no longer be able to buy a retail lot while on an active career lot.
- Sims will no longer buy lots autonomously. They just don’t have those kind of privileges yet, not until they can prove that they understand how to manage their finances, and not just frivolously spend all their money on candy, video games, and three story retail business parks.
- Aliens are now possible to hear when audio settings are set to Headphone, 5.1, or 7.1 Speaker settings. “Understanding Alien 1.0” is only available for a limited time however, so please call now, operators are standing by.
Issues Fixed (Outdoor Retreat)
- Sims will no longer roast a large yellow blocky looking object when roasting veggie dogs at the campfire.
- It’s not a tuber.
- Adding a campfire to a lot will no longer break auto lights.
- Child Sims will no longer electric slide backwards 1/2 a foot after exiting the tent.
- Fixed an issue that could result in an odd looking visual FX ribbon following children after performing the Tell Adventure Story interaction.
- Sims playing with the Campfire, will now place the stick in the fire, rather than just wave it nearby in a semi-threatening fashion, “I’ll get you fire! You and your little embers too!”
Issues Fixed (MAC)
- Fixed an issue on where zooming in on medium quality graphic settings would cause shadows to disappear.
- Fixed an issue that could occur on some configurations that resulted in a crash after changing graphic quality to high.
- You will now be able to scroll with the mouse wheel when in the game options on the Mac.
And as always, you have our deepest gratitude and appreciation,
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome, whose fingers fell off the second he finished writing these lengthy patch notes]
Release notes for 13/04/2015, PC Version 22.214.171.1240/ Mac Version 126.96.36.1990
While everybody else has been trying to “Get to Work”, SimGuruGnome has been trying to “Get Some Time Off” for a while now. We took pity on him and let him out of his cave temporarily.
Here’s a small round of fixes to rein in a few pesky problems…
- Our overly-friendly visitors from Sixam were a bit too amorous. We’ve reduced the frequency of alien abductions and further reduced the frequency of male pregnancy thereafter. We know our men are good looking but that’s no excuse!
- We’ve fixed a couple issues in the Medical career that could cause problems for actions around repairing broken medical equipment or transferring a patient case. A career in medicine can be grueling for anybody, but nobody wants to be given an impossible task.
- We’ve upgraded the firmware on our cameras to prevent larger photos from appearing too dark. We’ve also fixed an issue that was causing screenshots to come out blurry.
- So what did five say to three about… you know what? I don’t have a joke for this. Save Error 531 is bad and we fixed a couple situations that would cause it to occur.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a crash when doing sciencey stuff during the Scientist career.
- Is your Sim unsatisfied with their love life? Maybe it’s all that alien affection they’ve been getting, or maybe it’s the stress from their new careers, but our Sims have been leaving their partners with an unsatisfied moodlet. We’ve conducted some remedial WooHoo education and Sims should now be better about taking care of their partner’s needs.
- Fixed an issue where children and teens weren’t getting school credit if they were coming home in a mood not explicitly approved by their school. Harsh!
- A recent update mistakenly removed some items from teens, but they’re back now. Teens can wear heels again! Fashionable teen Sims can once again experience unnecessary foot pain in the name of looking good.
- We fixed a few unintended issues on our side that caused problems with certain types of CAS Custom Content.
That’s all for this quick update. Most of these fixes started as feedback from the community and we couldn’t do it without your help and support.
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome’s Understudy, who is writing these patch notes on behalf of SimGuruGnome, making this whole thing even sillier]
Release Notes for 26/03/2015, Version 188.8.131.520 (PC) / Version 184.108.40.2060 (Mac)
It’s the end of March and Get to Work is inches away from your fingertips. However, but before you work your way into a new expansion, we’ve got a release full of stuff.
We’ve got NEW! We’ve got UPDATES! We’ve got Bunny Eggs? We’ve got performance improvements! We’ve got fixes! And hopefully you are comfortable as you read on.
So, let’s jump in with…
What’s new for building?
- Build 2 levels down to create the ultimate in underground excellence.
- The Basement Tool is found in the Build sort, next to the Wall tool. Dig in and start building.
- An additional above ground floor is available for a total of 4 up and 2 down
- For the mathematically challenged, that is SIX FLOORS!
- Move Lot is now an option under Move Lot & House in Build Mode, and can be used to pick up and rotate the entire lot. You can also use the shortcut key [Y] to access the tool
- You can now download lots from the Gallery that are larger than your current lot, and crop them to fit.
What’s new in the game?
- Paint from Reference is a new option on the Easel that lets Sims paint family portraits, landscapes, or whatever else you want!
- We have added a Notebook, found in the phone menu, under a tiny button at the top of the menu (we tried to make the button even smaller, but some folks wanted you to find this new feature).
- Now as your Sim is gardening or fishing and they make discoveries (such as splicing recipes, or what bait caught what fish) these discoveries will be catalogued in your Notebook.
- Your Sims will now meet and build relationships with their co-workers and schoolmates.
- Actions that you can take while your Sim is at work/school have been updated to allow you to gain relationship with or meet more co-workers/schoolmates.
- Non-played Sims (sometimes referred to as townies) now have jobs!
- The “Ask about Career” interaction has been updated to provide career information for Sims that you meet.
- The career information discovered will be found in the Relationship panel. Hover over the Sim portrait to see their career, schedule, and, if they work at a venue (like the bartender), where they work.
- Overmaxing! When you reach the top of a career, there is a reason to continue to perform well, as you can now continue to gain rewards and promotions.
- We have revised the interface for traveling to and choosing worlds to play. Click on the icon in the upper left corner of the map to take it for a spin.
What’s new in content?
- Our first challenge rewards are hair… um, here! A new hair for Female and Male Sims. Look for them in Create A Sim, because if you are looking for them elsewhere, we should consider having you talk with someone.
- Gnomes are new! Well, these gnomes are new! Gnomes are old, I mean historically speaking they are quite old, but in our game they are older, I think, though I guess we’ve never really asked how old, but we can talk about that another time.
- Mr. Floppy the Gnome is available for home decoration
- And if you dare… Guardian of the Gnomelaxy is also hiding in our catalog.
What’s new in The Gallery?
- Now you can see who is following you from the Player Profile page.
- The file size for downloads is now available in The Gallery.
A Challenge you say?
The Bunny Egg Hunt is on! For the month of April, you will be able to hunt and search out 10 decorative eggs, each with a different design – found in various locations in the world (some might say an egg lays with the frogs). As you collect each egg, your collection information will update in the Household Collection panel. You can collect multiples of the same design but they don’t contribute to your Collection.
Collect all 10 of the different designs to unlock a reward… it’s big, it’s stuffed, and it might be a bunny. But I’m not confirming this information.
Well, that’s about it. Except, there is more… do you want the rest? Better start reading.
The development team has been hard at work making performance improvements to various systems in the game. Some are the low level, under the hood type that will shave a millisecond here or there, some are a bit more. I’ll do my best to keep the technical jargon to a minimum.
- Gameplay decision making has been made more responsive.
- Posture decision making has been optimized – this would be something like how the Sim decides whether to Sit or Stand.
- Autonomy decision making has been improved in determining the time it takes for a Sim to decide what to do next.
- Broadcasters have been optimized – a broadcaster is something like a plate of food that has spoiled, and it is just sitting in the corner of the lot yelling “Hey, I’m here! I’m spoiled! I offend, don’t I? Yes, yes I do. Pay attention to me!”
- Memory optimizations have been made to the amount of memory the game is using during runtime.
- Memory use is a leading cause of thoughts, actions, and software crashes.
- Addressed a large performance spike that was caused by hovering your mouse cursor over the pool and pool edge.
- Improved the performance of the View Screenshots section of the memories interface.
- Users should not experience excessive hang times when loading this screen.
- Made several improvements to the visual creation of the Family Tree when opened to view
- Fixed a performance issue that was resulting in too many unique Sims being created due to a previously created Sim being added to a “Don’t use me” list for far too long when they were needed. We have shortened the “Don’t use me” list length.
- Save Time optimizations have been made which will speed up save operations as well as travel times.
In addition to all the new content, features, and performance improvements being added with this release, we have fixed a few issues.
- If you place two blocks next to one another, and then place a column on the shared wall between them, then set the walls to cutaway view, which will hide the columns, and then you move one of the blocks, the columns that were left behind were remaining invisible. This is now fixed.
- Have you noticed how issues with building lots are incredibly complex when describing their reproduction? Yea… me too.
- Stairs placed parallel to double doors should no longer clobber the double doors placement.
- Yes, “clobber” is a proper technical term – to clob, clobbing, or the act of being clobbed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing an objects shadow to remain stationary while the object was being rotated.
- Fixed an issue that resulted if you deleted a light and then chose to undo that deletion, it would kill the ability for the light to ever turn on again.
- 3 out of 4 teen sweethearts agree we should never have fixed this issue.
- Counters placed diagonally will now appear visually correct, rather than leave a gap.
- Placing objects on a roof will no longer clobber objects in the room below it.
- “Clobber” must be the proper term, I keep using it over and over again.
- Fixed an issue that would reset adjustments made to the eaves, after using the Move Whole House tool to rotate the house.
- Mailboxes can now be deleted from a venue lot, or re-added from the catalog if one does not exist.
- Wall visual settings will now properly respect donut block creation and deletion.
- Donuts are however not respected, and will be devoured on sight.
- We fixed an issue where walls built near pool edges were sometimes creating odd routing issues, which were preventing Sims from being able to use objects placed on the walls such as mirrors or paintings.
- Stairs now move with the supporting block when using the Move Whole House tool.
- Fixed a z-fighting issue that would result when friezes of different colors would overlap.
- Sharing lots or rooms to the gallery with craftables (potions, wood working objects, or similar) and player planted plants will no longer remove the crafted objects and plants.
- Fixed an issue that was causing all seats at the edge of a pool to become momentarily invalid when entering and exiting Build Mode, which would result in Sims resetting if they were on the way to use the pool.
- Fences enclosed within a block built using the wall tool should no longer be improperly lit.
- Fixed an issue where undoing the action of drawing a wall next to a staircase was causing gaps to appear in the stair geometry. Young Harry is pleased.
- The Rattlesnake Juice lot is apparently not flat. This resulted in pools that were placed upon this lot being non-routable. We have corrected the issue.
- The trash plant will no longer change soil type throughout its growth cycle.
- Sim can now fish at all posted fishing spots near Willow Creek Archive.
- Sims rejoice. Fish swim.
- Did you think I was going to say fish panic? Or run for cover? Have you talked with a fish lately? They don’t do much, kind of swim left and right, open and close their mouth… that’s about it.
- Updated some of the fishing spots to provide greater variation in rarity.
- Fixed an issue that would cause paintings to appear self-illuminated on some graphic cards.
- Sims have a handedness that is set by the game, yep, surprised me too. We fixed an issue where if that Sim was shared to the Gallery they could lose the information that told them which hand they preferred.
- School will no longer count as a career when attempting to complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration.
- Sims will no longer route fail when multiple craft actions are queued up on the Woodworking Bench.
- There is now a thought balloon that will inform you that you are overfeeding your baby if you overfeed your baby.
- We fixed an issue that was disabling Build Mode if you queued up travel and then cancelled the travel action before the map screen.
- You can now go into Create A Sim and change the name of any of your Sims.
- So go ahead, download Mr. Fluffy URox0r, because, well… you can change his name.
- Sims will no longer talk to the dead space that was previously occupied by a traveling Sim.
- They tried to smile it off, as if the other Sim was really still there listening, but we knew and we snickered a little when they weren’t looking.
- Fixed an audio issue that could occur when attempting to re-connect online that resulted in the background audio track playing on top of itself.
- Objects will no longer fade in Camera Man Mode (aka the camera that is accessed when using [TAB])
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the correct price from showing when attempting to sell a stack of items from the Sim Inventory.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent ultra-speed from being available after the Maid had left the lot.
- We fixed an issue that could occur if a household was split via Manage Worlds. It was not properly handling the relationships of the Sims in the household, and parents were not properly being remembered in their child’s relationship panel.
- Babies no longer will have an unknown trait in their relationship panel display.
- You can now edit Teens in Create A Sim if they are the only member/s of a household.
- Tranquilized Sims will now gain energy while they are sleeping.
- Fixed an issue where food that was left to spoil inside a microwave would prevent a Sim from being able to use or clean the microwave. In some cases this would also prevent the Sim from being able to clean up dishes anywhere on the lot.
- Sims are no longer allowed to Try On Outfits at a mirror placed over a pool.
- Sims can now eat food that was placed into the household inventory through a move out or clobber function once that food had been replaced on the lot.
- So in the real world this would be…I cooked a turkey pot pie, and left it on the counter. And then moved out of my house, leaving my belongings behind for the new owners. The new family that is moving in unpacks and finds the turkey pot pie. And now… they can eat it. That’s… yuck.
- We fixed an issue that could result when downloading several items (household, lot, or room) to My Library that was causing the ID of the items to conflict with one another, eventually resulting in the inability to place them.
- Or as auto-correct would have you believe, the id, because, as we know, The Gallery has no ego or super-ego of its own.
- We fixed an issue that would cause the Sim to place a book on the ground while seated at a desk, and as a result, then reach through the desk to pick the book up if they wanted to read it.
- And then they might step to the left, and then to the right. They might put their left foot in. And they might pull it back out. And sometimes, though not often, they might put it back in again and shake it all about.
- Swimming in the pool will now clear the singed state of a singed Sim after being singed by a fire.
- Sims will no longer walk on water if they were seated close to the edge of the water when instructed to Swim.
- Sims can now choose to clean up spoiled food from their inventory while swimming. They will not clean up the spoiled food in the pool, they will get out of the pool in order to clean up the food.
- Fixed several issues with validating object use while swimming in a pool that could manifest in ways such as attempting to use a bed while swimming would result in a route fail.
- Teens should no longer lose muscle mass from aging from Teen to Young Adult… don’t worry teens, you have plenty of time to lose muscle mass later.
- Sims who went into labor while on a vacation lot, and went home, were finding they were in a perpetual state of labor. They will now be able to give birth as desired.
- We’re very sorry, and deeply regret the trauma imposed upon the Sims who had to endure an unusually elongated labor period.
- Turns out the fire protection coating applied to babies upon birth was being absorbed by the bassinets, preventing them from burning when no baby continued to reside within them. Sadly, due to a licensing agreement with the Baby No Burn Fire Proofing Protection System, we are not legally allowed to maintain this level of protection when the baby is no longer present in the bassinet and as a result, the bassinets can now burn, turn to ash, and be utterly destroyed by the ravages of a burning inferno.
- The “Own a Bar and 2 Barstools” goal for the Master Mixologist aspiration will now actually check to ensure you own a Bar.
A moment of randomness. I feel every day should have at least one. Stand up and cheer for no reason. Go ahead, do it. Have you ever walked near someone, and just said something completely random (“oh, the salad fork has two tines!”) as if it were a forgone conclusion, smile to yourself as though you had solved a significant issue by coming to this conclusion, and walked on without further need to speak? It’ll make you, and them, smile.
And now back to our release notes currently in progress… Where were we? Oh that’s right, gameplay.
- Fixed an issue with the Audio Focus option. If checked, the game audio will now properly duck when the game is minimized, rather than just get really, really quiet.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the pay bills action to become unstable if the player queued up Pay Bills more than once in a row.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Mourning buff to remain stuck on the Sim, resulting in unnecessarily long streaks of sadness, which could cause death, which could cause other Sims to acquire the Mourning buff, which … well you see where this is going.
- Children, when directed to draw shapes at the Activity Table, will no longer stand, sit, stand, and then sit again before performing the action.
- They may however still have hidden desires to twirl three times before lying down to sleep.
- You now can now turn the Spooky and Holiday speakers back on after turning them off, because that would be silly to not allow them to be turned on more than once.
- Revised the eating vs. idle choice for Sims to weigh more heavily upon the eat side than previously.
- Sims will no longer believe that toilets will increase their Fun need, causing the Sim to use the toilet excessively when it is the only “fun” thing on the lot.
- Sitting is fun, sure, but flushing is IN-CRAY-DA-BELL!
- Fixed an issue that could result in a Sim that was supposed to be at work to show up at home but behave as if they were at work.
- If you delete your current save while in game, you will no longer be booted to the main menu.
- The option to “Create New Household to Move In” is no longer available in Granite Falls.
- Hovertips are now less blurry.
- If you find they continue to look blurry, eat more carrots.
- Attempts to comment on the content of a user who has blocked you, will now tell you.
- Fixed an issue with the cursor in Build Mode, where it was not properly updating as you click on various objects in the catalog.
- Changing the relationship of Sims in Create A Sim who have the same last name, will no longer remove their last name.
- Notification messages will no longer show a Sim of a different age than the Sim who drank a Potion of Youth
- This is not easy to do, I tried it, so if you ran into this issue, congratulations on your issue finding skill! We fixed an issue that could occur if, while live dragging an object (your mouse is down to do this), you dragged the object over the Sell option in the Sim Inventory, and then quickly clicked sell multiple times (which requires you to click the mouse button, thus releasing the mouse down state), the sell confirmation dialog that appeared would appear for each click made.
- Switching the age or gender of a Sim in Create A Sim while viewing an outfit category other than Everyday will no longer reset the Everyday outfit to a seemingly random outfit.
- In order to avoid any further confusion, all references to “Go Here” shall henceforth be known as “Swim Here” for all swim related travel actions.
- Crafting a flirty sculpture on the woodworking bench will now inform you that it is a flirty sculpture when you hover over it.
- We fixed an issue where clicking on the dimmer bar, rather than dragging the button, was not dimming the lights.
- Fixed an issue where long names were being cutoff in the Genetics panel in Create-A-Sim.
- This should help anyone who has named their Sim “WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW” but could only see the name as “WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW”
- Fixed an issue in The Gallery that prevented Show Custom Content and Show Unowned Content filters from being present if the online access was disabled.
- Spamming Go to Work will no longer grow infinitely in the action queue.
- Jack, the queue is not your beanstalk.
- Placing a room from the gallery when you do not own the objects contained within, will now yield an in game message as to the removal of the unowned content.
- [Mac specific issue] You can now use the left and right command button when attempting to alter the camera angle.
As always, we are greatly in awe of The Sims community. Thank you for your time and feedback.
[And, as always, posted on his behalf as he takes a few minutes to massage the feeling back into his writing hand and considers the benefits of hiring a typist who can take dictation. Ah, to dream.]
Release Notes for 10/03/2015, Version 220.127.116.110 (PC) / Version 18.104.22.1680 (Mac)
March is upon us, Get to Work is pushing against the door, and the color green shall soon reach a pinnacle of popularity, if only for a day. And we have an update ready to release.
It’s a small update that fixes a few crashes for Mac and PC that the community has helped us track down and reproduce. And a little bit of content.
What’s new? It’s St. Patrick’s Day or St. Paddy’s Day, (as I learned this week, it’s not St. Patty’s… who knew?)! Top off your Sim with a bit o’tha green by plopping on a new hat for your male and female Sims, found in Create a Sim. And a new gnome has joined us! Search for the Bare Essentials Gnome to adorn your abode.
Thank you all for the save files, feedback, and help we get in narrowing down issues, and improving on The Sims 4 experience for everyone!
Crash / Performance (General)
- We fixed a ‘failed to load object’ error that was returning the player to the neighborhood map when attempting to load into a lot.
- This error was the result of an invalid fallback being called when we ran into a load error. Essentially, if we were looking for a sofa and we couldn’t find the sofa, we would say “Hey, there is no sofa” and kick the request back. Which would then say “But I need a sofa.” And this would go back and forth until finally someone would just give up, storm off angry, and say “Fine, if there is no sofa, there is no game, and you can forget about dinner, cuddling, and now we are going to go visit my mother, and yes, you ARE coming with me!”
- Players who have Nvidia GTX 960, 970, or 980 video cards should no longer get the “Unrecognized Video Card” error upon launching the game.
- We fixed a crash that could occur on load due to “lot caching,” which was fixed… by removing the cache. Au revoir.
- We fixed an issue that could lead to an infinite load when travelling that was due to certain world objects (trees, rocks, or similar) failing to load. Rather than hanging, we now just advance the load.
- And by advance the load, it is meant that we step over the request, and move on to the next. Like when you are reading your daughter’s Christmas wish list, and you just ignore the “pony” and “little brother” line items.
- Fixed an issue where browsing the gallery could lead to a crash.
- We fixed a few crashes that were affecting some users on both Mac and PC… yea, that’s pretty generic. To be specific, we fixed crash category 0xd12c29, 0x4518fe, 0xb72d33, and 0x34bc94. Maybe that was too specific? I’m not sure I can do better in this case, um… we fixed a Graphics::Texture, Pathplanner:containsFast, FamilyManager, and SetNotificationFunction crash. Totally not helpful. Let’s just go with “Mac and PC are now more stable as a result of these fixes.”
Crash / Performance (Mac)
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the game from launching, and display an “Unable to start, initialization” error if the players save file had lots of custom content installed due to a file handle issue on OSX. This fix should allow you to comfortably have approximately ~1000 pieces of custom content as opposed to 20 which was the case previously.
- Fixed a crash that was the result of using a mouse with more than 5 buttons. It is once again safe to use these mice! It should be noted however, that no mice were harmed in the testing of our fix, all mice were handled with the utmost care, treated with respect, and held for only the shortest amount of time, before we released them once again to live amongst their own kind. Not that we are against mice and human cohabitation, only that without understanding the desire of the mouse, it can only be considered inhumane to force the mice to remain in our environment.
- We fixed a texture loading issue that was causing some systems to have Sims appear without texture upon loading into Create-a-Sim.
- It is now possible to change the refresh rate in the Game Options, Graphics tab.
- If you launched the game in fullscreen and then exit fullscreen, the yellow minimize button was disappearing upon exiting fullscreen. As a side note, if you are aware of the official name for the “yellow minimize button,” that would be great, because our bug report referred to it as “the yellow minimize button in the top left of the window” and I have to wonder if it has a simpler name, like the minimize button or maybe they just call it Bob. Click on Bob to minimize. Did you click Bob? Have you seen Bob? He minimizes things for you. Takes away your cares, shrinks them away… Bob.
- If you launched the game in fullscreen and then exit fullscreen, the green fullscreen button was disappearing upon exiting fullscreen. As a side note, if you are aware of the official name for the “green fullscreen button,” that would be great, because… didn’t I already write this note? So, yea… Bob Junior. Okay, this is just weird. Why do I have 2 bug reports about 2 buttons that are right next to each other in screen space? They’re fixed now, Bob and Bob Jr.
- You should no longer be able to edge scroll while the options menu is open.
Much appreciation and admiration,
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome.]
Release Notes for 20/02/2015, Version 22.214.171.1240 (Mac only)
The Sims 4 has been released for the Mac! Woo-yea! But you knew that, and we’re really happy to see folks having fun with the Sims on their platform of choice!
We have also been listening to feedback, and have heard the reports of some players using Mods and Custom Content that are experiencing problems (polite way of saying crashes), and we have some fixes ready to go!
- Fixed an issue where the Use of Script Mods was causing the game to crash on boot.
- Fixed an issue where some Custom Content was crashing when selecting it in Create A Sim.
- Since there is so much custom content available, we cannot say for certain that the patch will fix *every* instance of this type of crash, but we expect it will correct a significant majority of them.
More details about these fixes and some workarounds for other custom content issues can be found in the forum post “Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac.”
(posted on behalf of the cutest gnome of all)
Release Notes for 03/02/2015, Version 126.96.36.1990
Greetings Simmers and Happy 15th Anniversary!
Let us set the clock back to the early days of The Sims 4, when times were simpler… when…
…our fore-coders released upon the digital landscape light on the Sims, and their brothers, their sisters, mothers, fathers, step-relations, half-brothers and sisters, and spouses. And the Sims, for a time, were happy. But only for a time, for soon their families grew. Brothers and sisters moved out, parents passed on, and grandparents were surprisingly spry and long lived. New members of the family were showing up every day (the loved and un-loved alike). And the Sims called to one another lost, seeking guidance…
“Are you my brother? I have forgotten your face, and don’t remember your name.” The Sims were unable to claim connection to one another, for their memories had become as holes in a block of Swiss cheese.
And thus it was, until now…
Genealogy is here! Explore the lineage of your Sims, their names, faces, and relationships! Remember who they are to one another!
Return with your Sim, and travel through the branches of their family … David from down the street is a half-brother to Stephanie, the long lost granddaughter of Two-chins, the homeless guy in the park who is the father of Angelina the bartender, who is your sister… and there was much rejoicing.
In addition to traveling through the lineage of your Sims, with this update you can now dress up Grandma Betty in some new Valentine’s clothing, or just hang around with a gnome and a bear.
We’ve also addressed a few bugs, including the map bounce issue, and, for all those Sims who spent their lifetimes waiting to be served, bartenders are fixed!
We greatly appreciate the feedback, the save files, and all the help in narrowing down issues as they arise.
- Genealogy is now available. You’ll be able to look at your Sims’ family history, including brothers and sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents (and some greats, and great greats, and…), step relationships (like Step-Father), half relationships (like Half Brother), and of course, Spouses.
- Open up the Simology panel (or use the [Y] shortcut key) and click on the Show Sim’s Genealogy button.
- Track 10 generations (4 up and 5 down) from the active Sim (yes 5 + 4 = 10)
- Click on other Sims in the view to focus on their genealogy
- If you have a large number of Sims in your view, you can click in any empty space within the genealogy panel, and drag to see more.
- Hover over the Sim portraits to see their relationship to the active Sim, their current career, how they died, and who they are married to.
- The Main Menu has had a facelift. Browse the in-game banners to find out what’s new in The Sims, what’s next down the road, what’s hot in the Gallery, tip & tricks, and more!
- We have updated the Whims.
- Whims now refresh automatically when you sleep for more than 4 hours, become dazed, or return home from work
- Hover over a whim and click on the Pin button to pin the whims you want to keep (sorry, you can’t pin Emotional Whims).
- Or click the X button to get a new whim.
- There are new achievements for playing with generations.
- Legacy Player, Alphabet Legacy, Legacy Leader, and Legendary Legacy!
- There’s new content in Create A Sim!
- Male and Female Valentine’s Day shirts can be found under t-shirts
- Male Valentine’s boxers can be found in the underwear category
- Female Valentine’s lingerie can be found in the underwear and brassieres categories
- There’s new content not in Create A Sim!
- The gnomes have sent an emissary to ring in the 15 year celebration, look for the Happy Gnomiversary!
- The “Lots of Love” Bear is ready to spend his Valentine’s Day with you.
- We found the Bearly Gnome hiding in the forests of Outdoor Retreat, coerced him gently from his den, and plopped him into your game.
- A venue version of the Winter Holiday Speaker has been added to the audio sort.
Crash / Performance
- Some players were reporting that they were continuing to be unable to load their lots after the 1/13 release and we have fixed additional issues with being bounced back to the Neighborhood Map. Thank you for the save files that helped us track this issue down, we love looking at your save files!
- In addition, we fixed an infinite load issue that resulted if the player attempted to load into a lot that had been split via Manage Worlds, with a baby.
- We have spent time optimizing load times. It should be noted that the amount of improvement is dependent on machine spec as well as the size and content of the save file.
- Additional fixes were made to reduce save game bloat which will help lower the amount of memory required in order to load the save file, and provide stability.
- Fixed a crash that resulted if the player attempted to ‘Save to Library’ an item they had previously reported.
- We fixed an infinite load… I’m sorry to interrupt myself, but honestly as we have not yet been able to test if it really is infinite, the best we can do is assume, although given the lifespan of your average computer, the decay rate of the plastics and metals contained within, and the generally low longevity of even the high end hard drives, I have to imagine that we are being quite disingenuous by saying infinite. None-the-less… we fixed an infinite load issue when favoriting items on the gallery that had been reported.
Build / Graphics
- Fixed an issue that was causing seated Sims to shift to the T-pose when attempting to clean a stack of dishes on the surface in front of them.
- A Moment at DevCorner: T-pose is what is meant when a Sim fails to play an animation, and instead reverts to their default position, which is shaped like a T (standing with arms outstretched).
- We have adjusted the Sim lighting when Laptop Mode is active to be less unfriendly to the “I need light to see” players.
- When visiting the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, Sims will no longer take an oddly long path to avoid the front edge of the lot.
- The Landgraabs did not run a proper geological survey of their homestead before moving in. This resulted in their inability to go swimming in some pools, on some parts of their lots, some of the time. The sum of these issues have been fixed.
Gameplay / Tuning
- There is a reward store to spend your satisfaction points on consumables and traits – go spend them. There is now a tutorial tip that will remind you.
- Fixed an issue with the way that relationship decay was functioning that was causing recently acquired friends to quickly un-friend. A buffer has been added to keep friends as friends, and provide the player the ability to react to negative outcomes as they happen.
- Titan and Titanic will no longer be blocked by the Gallery profanity filter.
- Sims were not informing their partners if they were pregnant after taking a pregnancy test. Thus leaving the partner in the dark until the “Whoa, where did they come from?” moment. Now, if the pregnancy test-takers partner is on the current lot, they will share the big news with them. If they aren’t… well… what the Sim doesn’t know…
- NPCs will now wave goodbye when they leave the lot, and nearby Sims will return the wave (if they aren’t busy eating, showering, sleeping, smashing doll houses…)
- We fixed an issue where newly made households from Create A Sim, that had their future homes edited before moving in, would lose their relationships to one another upon moving into the lot.
- Adults that were asked to read to children would often times become so engrossed in the story that they would forget to actually read to the child. We’ve fixed this issue by informing the adults that the purpose of reading to their children is to connect with them, creating a lasting bond of love and trust, and not so much about finding out just how far Spot can run.
- It is no longer possible to use the Play with Genetics option in Create A Sim to create a child of a child or teen. The Play with Genetics Sim selector was incorrectly, in some cases, allowing a child or teen to be selected as the parent.
- In addition we fixed a few other issues with the Play with Genetics selector that were creating confusion when setting relationships.
- It should no longer be possible to create a child and parent of the same age.
- An order of operations issue was fixed that prevented the player from setting sibling relationships that were valid to set.
- And we fixed an updating issue that prevented the drop down from properly displaying relationship options.
- The Grim Reaper is no longer available to age up from the Sim selector. Grim is in fact ageless, as you know, and the option was a test of The Reaper. Congratulations you passed, one additional year has been added to your life.
- Children will find the computer less accommodating to…um, if two consenting adults should happen to be in a rocket… I mean, if there is a rocket in space, and you are at the computer, you can listen to the launch, and the broadcast from space. But if the adults are in the rocket… well, if the child tried to use the computer… and the consenting adults were to, that is to say, if they became friendly then… the child can’t listen at the computer anymore.
- The second milestone of the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration has been changed to practice typing for 4 hours.
- The Gym Rat trait was confusing, and has been updated. Gym Rats build fun and don’t lose additional (does not affect the normal rate of hygiene decay) hygiene while exercising.
- Now 50% less tutorial, because… well, you know.
- We fixed an issue that would cause Sims to lose work performance unfairly if… here we go… Sim A and Sim B traveled to a non-home lot. Sim A (the non-working Sim) traveled to another lot just before Sim B (the working Sim) went to work, and then Sim A returned to the lot they just left, which would then cause Sim B to return from work early and thus lose performance.
- If you could follow that bug, I should show you some of the bugs we fixed with generational game play… create an 8 Sim household, marry 2 of them, have step children, and some adoptions, then kill somebody. Re-arrange the family through manage worlds and splitting, and re-enter live mode. Notice that the Earth has stopped rotating…
- We fixed an issue that was causing Gallery lots to break that was the result of saving a new lot on top of a pre-existing lot in the player’s library that had been shared to the Gallery.
- Angry pregnant Sims will no longer choose to Take an Angry Poop when taking a pregnancy test (yep, you read that).
- Updated the text when clicking on a Sim in the relationship panel to Travel With… instead of Invite To… The latter option was confusing and did not properly inform the player that they would be taken to the Neighborhood Map in order to travel.
- Sims will no longer use the Observatory until they are near death. Rather, they will now exit after a reasonable time.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Technically Adept goal “Maintain Focus for 2 Straight Hours of Video Gaming” of The Computer Whiz branch of the Knowledge aspiration from completing properly.
- Sims can now have dates on their currently active lots.
- Bartenders are back on the job! Autonomous and player requested beverages are once again being served.
- Sims will no longer believe they can mourn their loved ones while they are doing other actions, such as cooking, which was causing the Sim to cancel the non-mourning action.
- So fire… recently we informed you that fireplaces could catch nearby objects on fire and well they did. Including ceiling lights, objects on the mantelpiece… and apparently they did it a lot. We’ve lowered the chance of fire spreading to nearby objects and made the way in which fire spreads from the fireplace to be cone shaped, which should prevent mantel placed objects from catching fire…. which you couldn’t put out anyway. So yeah… oops.
- As a result of bad hygiene, Sims were getting dirty, and then dirty and stinky. Now Sims will get stinky, and then dirty and stinky.
- Sims will no longer get a whim to know themselves… that is to say to introduce themselves to themselves.
UI / Interface Updates
- Using the game options to change resolutions will now properly save.
- Btw, did you know you can also drag the window to resize it? (including very small sizes)
- Hovering over the skills in the skill panel will now display example objects that you can use to help build those skills.
- The “It’s Not Brain Surgery” achievement now has an icon when it slams your screen… SCREEN SLAM!
- It’s 2015, did you know? We totally knew that… now. (patch notes now have the correct year)
The Sims Outdoor Retreat
- Adding a log to the campfire while seated, will no longer cause the log to appear too soon, spin around, and then… feels like I’m watching some sort of talent reality show just before the really good talent arrives and they’re warming you up with the “you’re just not cut out for this” crowd.
- The Bramble Patch is no longer available to explore if you are uncomfortable.
- The horseshoe pit is no longer an exclusive hot spot for the focused and undistracted. Sims are now allowed to queue Join Game on the horseshoe pit no matter what they were doing previously.
Thank you for all your feedback, your help, and your time,
[Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome, who should really post these Patch Notes each time but whose charm and charisma skills are so high, he is impossible to resist when he bats his eyelashes and says “please”.]
Release Notes for 22/01/2015, Version 188.8.131.520
Tiny weensy patch today to address a minor configuration issue. You shouldn’t notice anything different after the patch.
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome, who is sitting under a mushroom somewhere.
Release Notes for 13/01/2015, Version 184.108.40.2060
Happy New Year Simmers!
It’s January, a new year has begun. There’s still a sun and moon in the sky, the rain falls, steam rises, and Plumbobs rotate – there must be a patch!
We had a few important fixes ready to roll to address some big community concerns, primarily the inability to load into a lot from a pre-existing save game, as well as a performance issue with large My Library trays that could cause the game to fail to load, and we wanted to get these fixes out to you! In addition to few others that we have at the ready.
Thank you again for all your feedback and help, we are humbled by your commitment and diligence.
Crash / Performance
- Fixed an issue that resulted in our players being unable to load their household after installing the 12/16 patch, and instead being bounced back to the neighborhood map. The community was very helpful in identifying this issue (providing feedback and save files), thank you!
- Fixed an issue where the game would become unresponsive on load if the player had a large number of households, rooms, and lots in their My Library sort.
- Sim fertility levels had reached an all-time high recently, and twins were popping out all over! Our specialists have examined the issue, and administered a correction to the abundant babies. Sims should no longer find they are having twins (or triplets) at an alarming rate.
- Fixed an issue that prevented career progress from properly tracking the Sims skill progression towards career goals.
- Working out on workout equipment will no longer count towards the play chess daily goal for the Astronaut career.
- We fixed an issue that was a result of this: let’s say you had a Sim, we’ll call him Joe, and he lived in a household, say the Smiths, and you uploaded Joe, also known as Joe Smith, to the Gallery, and then you decided to add Joe to the Jones’ household by downloading him from the Gallery, thus now creating Joe Jones, and then you edited Joe Jones in Create a Sim, this would also modify Joe Smith.
- The “In Need of a Break” buff is no longer in need of a break, and now correctly displays its information in the hover tip.
- Zest Johnny will henceforth be known as… Johnny Zest!
- Fixed an issue that could result in “bad things” when attempting to merge a Sim from the gallery into a household that already has a copy of that Sim in it.
- Fixed an issue that could result in “bad things” when attempting to merge a household from the gallery into a household that already has a copy of that household in it.
- We however failed to fix the repetitive nature of some of our release notes.
- The Venue Wall Speaker: Spooky has made a return to the catalog after spending some time on the ‘other side’ to re-spookify itself.
- Lots placed from the gallery that have used the move objects cheat will no longer delete their moo’d objects when the lot is placed.
- The National Park venue now has tuning associated with it… so Sims who show up will know they can leave, rather than lingering around indefinitely, wandering aimlessly with no apparent purpose, direction, or desire (they could have at least played music…).
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the user from uploading multiple rooms to the gallery if the rooms were uploaded consecutively.
UI / Text
- Fixed an interface focus issue where the eyedropper tooltip was preventing the eyedropper from properly functioning.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when opening a modal window on top of an open inventory stack, which would cause the stack to fail to correctly display.
- Modal window is a piece of UI that requires input before the player can return to normal gameplay.
- UI is an abbreviation for User Interface.
- User is another name for the player, the individual for whom the software was intended.
- Software, as opposed to hardware, is the set of instructions that direct a computer to perform specific operations.
- Text will no longer overlap itself in the phone menu if the text string is too long.
- You can once again add a description to your Rooms and Lots that you upload to the gallery, rather than using the comment field… which was ingenious!
- You will no longer be told twice that you can take Family Leave if there is more than one eligible Sim.
Thank you for all your feedback, keep it coming!